Sunday 31 August 2014

First Lifestyle Change Update!






     Hi Pretty people!


    Sorry this post is a bit delayed, I meant to post on Thursday, but I was really busy with moving my stuff up for college and unpacking. It's really exciting but so scary too! I am moving into my grandmother's vacant house, so it is a home from home, which is nice. I've also being setting up a mental health 'toolbox' for myself to keep well in college which I will do a separate post on later. At the moment lack of sleep and nightmares are a problem, but I'm working through it:)


                                   


   So, on to the lifestyle change! I found it quite hard at first. The night I wrote the last article I got up and went for a walk, which I really enjoyed. That Friday night I was suffering with hormones and I did eat a bit of chocolate, but not as much as I normally would, which I was happy with! I have been going for brisk thirty minute walks most days, which has been working up a bit of a sweat and getting my heart rate up, which is an improvement. I also downloaded an app called FitCommit, where you can set your goal in either how long you exercise for everyday, or how many calories you want to loose a day. You can add any type of exercise and the app will work out how many calories you have lost depending on how long you have performed it for. It puts a tick on every day you reach your goal and I find it great encouragement to look at the calendar and see how many days I have reached my target, which is thirty minutes of exercise every day. This may not work for every one, but so far I have found it very useful. I think if you have your phone constantly around, it's worth looking into apps which might be practical and provide you with reminders and incentive.


                                     
FitCommit App


   The last time I posted my weight I put it in stone, but as it's easier to track any loss, I have changed to Kilos. As I was just over nine stone the last time I was 58 kilos, and on 28 August I was (drum roll people!!!) 

Waist: 26 inches (loss of 1.5 inches)
Hips: 36 and 1/4 inches (loss of 1/4 inch)
Thighs: 22.5 inches (gain of 2.5 inches)
Weight: 56kilos (loss of 2 kilos or 4.4 lbs)



                                       


   I am delighted and amazed at this!! I am not too worried about my thighs as I know that this will be the hardest place to loose from and I decided to measure them at the widest part this time. I'll be honest, I didn't starve myself and I didn't kill myself going to the gym. I just made slightly better choices, less chocolate, a little less bread, slightly smaller portions and walking and getting up when I can. I have been trying my best to change my attitude towards physical activate,y for example if something was needed from up stairs I'd go and get it, and walk short distances which I would of once wanted to drive. Basically what I'm saying is, we don't all need to become gym bunnies, don't get my wrong, my aim is to be fit, but we can start the process here and now, by making small every day changes to our lifestyle. This week has been proof of that to me more than ever! I did have a cheat day on Saturday, where I had fish with no batter and chips and banoffie pie, but instead of having a whole slice to myself, I shared it and only had a few mouthfuls. 


                                         

 
    I also find as well that seeing the weight loss there in black and white on the paper is a huge help. Sometimes we can't see the changes in our clothes, or in the mirror, but to see it somewhere, to see a goal being achieved, it can be the best incentive ever. I think it is important to discover what your own incentive is when it comes to loosing weight, is new clothes, is it a family get together? Or is it like me, you simply want to change your lifestyle in order to get healthier and look better? What ever it is, keep reminders all around you; I have my backgrounds on my phone and computer changed to keep me reminded of the changes I want to make. I also asked my mom to support me and remind me why I'm doing this, try rope in family, friends or your partner to help. 


 I think it's also important to stop looking at this as a diet, and think of it more as a permanent change in your life. A diet makes it sound like a short term change, where as the reality is even when you have achieved your target weigh loss, there will still be maintenance required.  So try see it as a lifetime pursuit, rather than something that if you do for a little while, you can go back to the eating habits ect. you had before and won't put any weight on. It's a bitch, but it is the reality of it. 

                                           


  So, for next week? Well I'm hoping to loose a half a pound at least, and to walk at least four days of the week. The reason I'm aiming for such a small weight loss is I know often after a large weight loss, it can often slow down and I would rather set myself a small, realistic goal, and therefor continue to achieve my goals. I am also not promising myself I will walk every day as I have a very busy week ahead, and may not manage it. I really feel setting small goals that I feel I can achieve, and building on them as I go along is the best way to do this, and if I can do more than my goals, wayhay! Would love to hear how other people are getting on if they've started this journey and what do people think of the FitCommit app? How do other people keep themselves motivated?

  I also don't ever post full length pictures of myself, but since I had my little bit of good news I decided to do an ootd! I never know how to pose for photos and what to do with my hands! Hope you like it:)



                                       
Black Ankle Boots: Primark
Leggings: River Island
Vest: H&M
Kimono: Dunnes
Necklace: Primark
Choker: E-bay

  Much love and take care of yourself:)xxxx


 


 

 

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment